Introduction and overview:
Breaux's Driving School leverages technology responsibly. We believe that everyone has a right to privacy. We view privacy as a key part of the value that we deliver to our customers.
Scope of this Privacy Statement and our role:
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how Breaux's Driving School uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by explaining how we, Breaux's Driving School, collect, use, share or otherwise process information when you interact with us and our offerings. Breaux's Driving School determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information, as described in this Privacy Statement, and therefore acts as 'data controller' (or equivalent/similar terms) for purposes recognized by certain data privacy laws.
Storing your personal data:
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it or for as long as the law requires us to. Most of the information we have about you will be in our student files. Any personal data that we are required to keep about students are securely stored, with limited access for staff. It will not be accessed except in response to a query about our actions in the education of a particular student. No decisions will be made about you based on this data and you will not suffer any detriment or harm by having it stored in/on our secure systems.
The personal information we store is all the information that Breaux's Driving School knows about you, either because you are an end user of our services or a customer contact whose personal information has been provided. It includes information such as your name and contact details; payment information; and purchase history with Breaux's Driving School.
Information we collect:
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include but is not limited to:
- Personal identifying information (such as - name, address, age, permit number, gender and medical information)
- Attendance and assessment information (such as – sessions attended, number of absences & absence reasons, assessment results, special education needs and any exclusion information).
Creating an account:
We collect information when you create an account, interact with the Breaux's Driving School Platform or activate a service. Personal information may include your name, address, phone number and email, country, profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
The lawful basis on which we use this information:
All data we process is in accordance with the rules compliant in applicable Louisiana statutes. While we rely on consent to process personal data about individuals in our school, we ensure that we obtain that consent freely and in a positive manner. Anyone whose personal data is processed on the basis of consent can withdraw that consent easily and quickly.
Some services require you to provide information for elgibility. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not be able to receive certain services.
How we use personal information:
Personal information is used for the following purposes including to:
- Create your account and manage our relationship with you.
- Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes.
- Communicate with you, such as sending you electronic notifications concerning your status and services.
- Protect against misuse or abuse of our services and ensure compliance with our terms.
- Provide other non-transactional communications via email, telephone, SMS or push notifications, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you.
- Protect the rights, property, safety or security of the Breaux's Driving School Platform, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings.
- Enforce, remedy or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements and/or
- Process your information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
How we share your information:
We may share your information with your consent. We only share your information with third parties when you have directed us to do so. We may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include personal information, such as your name or user name. Anything you share in a public forum is public, and you should think carefully before you decide to share.
We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third parties for the business purposes described in this Statement.
We may share your information with third-parties for legal reasons without your consent, and as permitted by law.
To help protect privacy and the security of your information, you may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity and/or ownership rights prior to us exercising your data rights. If we are unable to verify your identity or ownership rights to the data, we may not be able to provide you with data rights until you are able to provide us with proper documents.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements and provide you with services and the benefits of the Breaux's Driving School Platform and successfully run our business. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us);
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
This means we may keep different information for different periods.There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.
Security of your personal information:
We use physical, technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Our school uses surveillance cameras for the purposes of audio and video monitoring our premises and to support any student behavior policies. There are visible signs showing that cameras are in operation and images from this system are securely stored where only a limited number of authorized persons may have access to them. We may be required to disclose captured images to authorized third parties such as the police to assist with crime prevention or by court order.
Changes to our Privacy Statements:
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. If we make material changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice in our platform or on a community post; by sending you a notification; or by other means consistent with applicable law.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the "last updated" date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about how Breaux's Driving School protects your privacy.